Are you an independent higher education consultant working with Indian students to study abroad? A lot of international students are unaware of the scholarship possibilities open to them. Here’s a list of our favourite international scholarships for Indian students.
Study in Asia
- Aichi Scholarship Program for Asian Students in Japan – The Aichi Prefectural government in Japan extends scholarships to Indian students studying government-approved manufacturing programs at a graduate level.
- DST A*STAR Call for Singapore-India Joint Research Grants – Sponsored by the Indian government and Singaporean government research agency A*STAR, Indian STEM researchers are given grants to study and conduct research in Singapore.
- Silk Road Scholarship Program at Seoul National University – Scholarships for Indian students to study graduate-level humanities or social sciences in South Korea.
- HM King’s and HM Queen’s Scholarships for Asian Students in Thailand – The Thai government offers scholarships for Indian students to study master’s level engineering and technology, management or environment and development at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT).
Study in Australia
- University of Adelaide Ashok Khurana Scholarship for Indian Students – Scholarships are available for Indian students undertaking postgraduate study in selected fields at the University of Adelaide.
- University of Queensland BEL India Scholarship – Full-ride scholarships for Indian students studying for undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law at the University of Queensland. Excludes MBAs.
- University of Queensland Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships – Another set of scholarships offered to Indian students to undertake coursework-based postgraduate study in biology-related programs.
- Global Leaders Scholarships for Indian Students – 5 scholarships worth $10,000 AUD offered to Indian students to study an applicable business-related postgraduate course at RMIT University.
Study in Europe
- UCD Global Graduate Scholarships for Indian Students in Ireland – Funding opportunities afforded to Indian students studying graduate-level programs at University College Dublin in Ireland.
- DCU International Student Scholarships for Indian Students in Ireland – Open to full-time undergraduate and postgraduate Indian students at Dublin City University.
- WIT Indian ‘Wicket Scholarship’ – Offering a scholarship to 1 Indian student annually to study at the Waterford Institute of Technology.
- Orange Tulip Scholarship – For Bachelor or Master level students, grants are available for Indian students to study at selected participating universities.
The United Kingdom
- British Council GREAT scholarships for Indian Students – A variety of scholarships offered by the British Council.
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships – For Indian students who wish to study in the UK. Open to doctoral students, research students and visiting fellows.
- Heriot Watt SML International Merit Scholarships for Indian Students – Open to Indian students at postgraduate level studying at Heriot Watt University in the UK on a taught program within the School of Management and Language.
- LSE Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) – Five awards are available to international students from Commonwealth countries (including India) to study at postgraduate level at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Ms. Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship at St. Antony’s College – Indian government fellowship offered to Indian students pursuing study at the University of Oxford’s St. Antony’s College in the field of history, economics and political science. Only available to high-achieving postgraduate research students.
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) Scholarships – Open to Indian students at any degree level to study at Oxford University or the University of Cambridge in the UK.
- Saltire Scholarships – Scholarships for students from Canada, the US, India and China to study in Scotland at any degree level.
- Sir Ratan Tata Fellowships for South Asian Students at LSE – Scholarships for social science students from South Asia to study at the London School of Economics (LSE) in the UK within the LSE Asia Research Centre (ARC).
- Sussex India Scholarships – Opportunities to gain funding at the University of Sussex in the UK for Indian students at master’s degree level.
- University of Aberdeen Sir Thomas Sutherland Scholarship – One outstanding Indian student will receive full funding for their undergraduate degree (starting in September 2018) at the university, including travel and maintenance costs. Excludes applicants for medicine.
- University of Bournemouth Business School Dean’s Scholarships for Masters Students – A total of nine scholarships for international students to study a taught master’s program at Bournemouth University in the UK. Open to students from Russia, Turkey, Nigeria, China, India, and South Korea for a 50% tuition fee reduction.
- University of Dundee Rio Tinto Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships – Offering various postgraduate scholarships to international students studying at the University of Dundee.
- University of Oxford Felix Scholarships for Indian Students – Graduate-level funding opportunities for Indian students studying at the University of Oxford.
- University of Sheffield – A range of scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate Indian students who show strong academic potential.
- University of Southampton LLM International Scholarships – International scholarships to study law at postgraduate level at the UK’s University of Southampton. Open to all students from outside of the European Union.
- University of Warwick Graduate School GREAT India Scholarships – Scholarships for Indian students to study an applicable postgraduate course starts in Autumn 2018.
- UWE Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships – UWE Bristol University in the UK is offering undergraduate and postgraduate tuition fee discount scholarships for students.
Study in the U.S
- Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund – Offering female Asian students the chance to receive funding for an undergraduate business degree taken at an accredited US university.
- Chicago Booth School of Business – The India Trust Fellowship and Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship are both available for Indian students who apply to study a full-time MBA at the school.
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship – Scholarships for Indian citizens who have been accepted to study an undergraduate program at Cornell University.
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships – Offering funding to outstanding Indian students wishing to pursue study at any level within an accredited US institution. See individual scholarships for specific criteria.
- S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program for Indian Students – Opportunities for Indian researchers at master’s level or higher to study a selected program in the field of science and technology at a university in the US.
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian students – Scholarships for Indian students to study at Stanford Graduate School of Business on the MBA program. To be eligible students must return to India within two years of completing their studies.